If you live in the Omaha are and you’re looking to find an intensive outpatient program to fit your needs, Northpoint Recovery Omaha can help. In our intensive outpatient program (IOP), we offer comprehensive support for those who are working to overcome addiction and co-occurring mental health concerns. For addiction rehab that is just right for you, offers a range of therapies and options, is evidence-based, reputable, and close to home, reach out to Northpoint.
Our outpatient treatment programs in Omaha, Nebraska are designed to promote lasting, sustainable sobriety. Addiction can impact every aspect of your life, from your finances and your relationships to your physical and mental health. However, an IOP can help you heal.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about treatment options, including different kinds of outpatient programs. Call Northpoint Recovery Omaha at 402.685.9404 or use our online form today.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)?
As the word “intensive” implies, an intensive outpatient program lands in the middle between residential treatment and a low-intensity outpatient program.
An IOP is ideal for those who:
- Qualify for inpatient care but do not want to live in a treatment center
- Have a strong support network at home
- Don’t qualify for inpatient care but desire and/or need a greater commitment than low-intensity outpatient care
- Have a trigger free home environment and, if it is a shared space, everyone else on the premises is committed to supporting their recovery
- Have reliable transportation and thus won’t risk missing any scheduled time in rehab
- Are unable to leave family and work responsibilities behind for an extended time
- Wish to find a rehab option that is slightly less expensive than inpatient treatment
Although IOPs do not involve residency, they do require a greater commitment of time than other outpatient programs. Patients in our intensive outpatient program might spend to eight hours a day, five days a week in a treatment center. We offer flexible morning and evening hours to accommodate work and family schedules.
Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Program
You are on your recovery journey because you are ready to commit to it. That’s the first step. If you fit the “IOP is a good idea for you” guidelines above, consider the benefits of this particular option:
- Because IOPs tend to meet frequently and continue for up to three months, they have an edge on low-intensity programs. Increased treatment duration has been shown to result in improved recovery outcomes.
- IOP data indicates higher retention rates than other outpatient programs, which bodes well for favorable outcomes.
- IOPs are less flexible than low-intensity programs but still offer the opportunity for you to maintain your routines and meet your most pressing responsibilities.
- Peer support is, in a sense, doubled when you are in an IOP. You forge deep bonds with your peers in the program, which you will likely sustain past your enrollment duration while maintaining your existing community support, including family. This amplification of peer support can only be beneficial to your recovery.
- Living away from treatment requires greater accountability. With hours of support and treatment every day, you can ease into a sober life at home, avoid triggers, and interact in responsible ways with various people.
- The IOP model allows you to start practicing your recovery skills in real-time, outside the hours of treatment. This model also allows you to return to the group to discuss and process what worked well, what didn’t and receive support and feedback.
Contact Northpoint Recovery Omaha for Intensive Outpatient Treatment
Northpoint Recovery Omaha provides high-quality, evidence-based care in a tranquil, healing setting. The hours you spend with us while participating in our intensive outpatient program will be therapeutic and empowering.
Our staff specializes in a range of evidence-based therapeutic treatment models. These compassionate professionals work together in a coordinated approach to your recovery. If you choose Northpoint Recovery Omaha, you will be able to rest easy knowing we can support you through your recovery journey from start to finish. Call us to learn more by dialing 402.685.9404 or by connecting with us online.