Alcohol addiction is a disease that plagues millions of individuals. Families and communities across the country have been impacted by alcohol addiction, and many don’t have the help and support they need to heal. The negative effects of alcohol abuse can include loss of relationships, unemployment, and both physical and mental health issues. For those who are struggling with alcohol addiction, our alcohol rehab center in Omaha, Nebraska can help.
It is important that if you suspect that someone might be struggling with alcohol addiction then you encourage them to seek help in order to avoid these negative side effects. Sometimes, it may not even be possible for you to notice just how much alcohol your loved one has been drinking. However, there are certain signs and symptoms that you might be able to spot. These can help you know when to reach out for help.
Signs That a Loved One Is Addicted to Alcohol
If you’re concerned about your loved one’s drinking habits, these behaviors or incidents can be signs that they’re dependent on alcohol:
- Hiding their alcohol consumption – Secretive behavior can indicate that they’re trying to keep others from noticing their drinking.
- Changes in sleep patterns – Those who are struggling with addiction can begin to sleep much more or much less than usual.
- Intense cravings for alcohol – These cravings indicate that your loved one is dependent on alcohol.
- Having an inability to stop drinking – Those who are addicted to alcohol will drink even when it’s not socially acceptable.
- Binge drinking – Drinking large amounts of alcohol over a short period of time can be an early indicator of an issue.
If you notice these signs of alcohol addiction in yourself or in a loved one, it’s time to reach out to a treatment center.
How an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center Can Help
Those with alcohol addictions may experience withdrawal symptoms if they stop drinking. Alcohol use disorder is a disease that makes it difficult for the brain to function on its own without the assistance of alcohol. This is why an alcohol addiction treatment center is so important. Through professional treatment, those who are dependent on alcohol can find the support they need to work through withdrawal symptoms and begin to heal.
The earlier that someone who is addicted to alcohol receives help, the better their chances of overcoming this disease and returning to a healthy lifestyle. Alcohol abuse can result in serious consequences that may be irreversible unless the alcohol problem is recognized and treated.
In an alcohol rehab center, you’ll find a variety of treatment options. The most effective treatment plans are tailored to individual patients. Some of the therapies and approaches to treatment that might be available include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This evidence-based approach helps patients change their habits and thought processes
- Dual diagnosis treatment – Treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health concerns is an effective approach
- Family therapy – Addiction can impact the whole family, and targeted therapy sessions can help
The treatment program that is right for you or your loved one will depend on their unique needs. Reach out to a treatment center near you today to learn more.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment at Northpoint Omaha
Northpoint Omaha offers highly effective outpatient alcohol addiction treatment programs for adults in the greater Omaha area. If you’ve noticed the signs of alcohol addiction in a loved one, reach out to our team today to learn more about how we can help them heal. Our goal is to help families and individuals in our community break free from addiction. Let us help: contact us at 402.685.9404 or reach out to our team online to learn more.